What to tell you about myself…
My name is Selena Devore. I am the type of person that has struggled with weight issues my entire life. No, I am not obese, but I definitely have some weight on me. You name it, I have tried it. So if you have any questions regarding any diets, just ask because I bet you I have tried whatever you may ask. I can give you pluses and minuses for nearly any diet you throw out there.
My philosophy? I believe everyone has their own way to make things work. No one can tell you that this method will work for you. If you don’t like it, you will gain all your weight back. Being thin is a lifestyle choice. Losing weight is the preparation and hard work you need to do before you get to your life of being thin. But once your thin, it’s not all fun and games. You still have to work. So don’t get stuck in the mentality of ‘when I am skinny, I can…’ because the truth is, if you are struggling with your weight you probably wont be able to eat whatever you want without worry or lazy around in the sun.
There are some things I feel strongly about that you will notice as you follow my blog. But here are some things that I will state right now:
- GMO is bad for you. If you do not know what GMO means, google it and watch King Corn and Food Inc.
- High Fructose Corn Syrup is poison. Read every label and never consume.
- If you need someone else to motivate you, even when you are thin you will continue to struggle. Learn to motivate yourself.
- There is no miracle diet. You can cut out all the carbs in the world and it won’t get you where you want to be. Exercise is a must.
- You can train your brain to like anything.
Now I am no expert. I still struggle just like anyone else does. I am not a trainer or nutritionist. I just have strong opinions and like to research everything that fancy’s my curiosity. If you see anything that you disagree with, tell me. I’m just here to share my experiences on my travels to the perfect me.